Health & Beauty Benefits of Elderberries
- Boosts the immune system!!!!
- Fights and protects against viral infections such as respiratory!!!!
- Fights and protects against bacterial infections
- Helps clear sinus infections
- Has a natural diuretic effect and promotes bowel movements
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Contains anti-carcinogenic properties
- Can ease symptoms of allergies
- High in antioxidants
- High in vitamin A, which makes it great for healthy skin and also includes potassium, vitamin C, folate, calcium and iron.
- A good source of phenolic acids aka powerful antioxidants that can help reduce damage from oxidative stress in the body.
- A good source of flavonols aka antioxidant flavonols are quercetin, kaempferol and isorhamnetin.
How to Make Elderberry Syrup
- 1/2 cup dried elderberries
- 3 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2-4 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon or more of fresh ginger
- 1-2 tbsp. Raw honey - optional
- In a pot, bring the elderberries, water, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Cover and let sit until cool, every so often press berries against the pot using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Drain the liquid using a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
- Add the raw honey and mix well.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to two months.
How to Make Vegan Elderberry Gummies
- Simply get some fun gummy molds and agar agar (use the directions on the back of the package)
- Note: Generally, its 1 cup of liquid to 1tsp of agar agar.
- Bring your elderberry syrup to a gentle boil and add the agar agar until completely dissolved. Let cool slightly and use a dropper to fill molds. Place molds in the refrigerator until gummies have hardened. Place gummies in a jar or container and consume within two weeks.
*Always choose organic ingredients when possible*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and is for educational purposes only*