A glance at Lacto and Bifido Strain Benefits:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus – Maintains integrity of intestinal walls.
- Lactobacillus fermentum – Helps neutralize toxic products made during digestion, promotes a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus – The “travel probiotic“- found to be effective in reducing occurrences of traveler’s diarrhea.
- Bifidobacteria bifidum – Promotes healthy digestion in both small and large intestines; especially helpful for proper digestion of dairy.
- Bifidobacteria longum – Helps crowd out bad bacteria, helps neutralize everyday toxins in the gut, breaks down carbohydrates without producing excess gas.
Saccharomyces boulardii: a non-pathogenic, transient (non-colonising) yeast, originally extracted from the lychee fruit, rather than a bacteria.
- S. boulardii is the only yeast that has been formally recognised as a probiotic.
- Non-pathogenic transient (non-colonizing) yeast.
- Broad anti-pathogenic function/action especially on Candida, Escherichia coli and Salmonella.
- Increases the brush border enzymes in the intestinal wall, e.g. alkaline phosphatases and a-glucosidases, so may help to optimise nutrient absorption.
- Secrets an enzyme (leucine aminopeptidase) that helps to prevent allergies to common dietary proteins developing after gut damage resulting from gastroenteritis.
- Promotes the secretion of the immunoglobulin secretory IgA (sIgA), a vital part of our immune defences against incoming pathogens and toxins.
- Reduces antibiotic-associated diarrhoea (AAD), traveller’s diarrhoea, IBS-D, and acute or chronic diarrhoea in children and in adults.
Spore-based Bacillus strains have the ability to:
- Survive the harsh conditions of the stomach 100%.
- Identify pathogenic organisms (and once they do this, they produce natural antibiotics to help kill off the bad bacteria…).
- Competitively exclude the overgrowth of opportunistic organisms.
- Create compounds and nutrients to feed the good bacteria in the gut including antioxidants & vitamins.
The Bacillus subtilis strain benefits, include:
- Produces many enzymes, several of which help break down food including plant materials the human body can’t digest.
- Has been shown to inhibit the growth of H. pylori, an organism associated with the occurrence of ulcers Has beneficial effects on the immune system.
- Produces some fungicidal compounds, which control fungal pathogens such as Candida.
Any statements or products mentioned herein this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.