I experimented for many years before finding the correct spice + flair that I wanted in my Chai Tea Latte recipe, and since then it’s been a favorite of family and friends.
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 4-8 whole black peppercorns (how spicy you want it?)
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. Coriander seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 tbsp green cardamom pods, cracked (mortar + pestle)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger chopped
- 1 dash if allspice
- 2 cups water (filtered)
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed black tea
- Sweetener options such as brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup (completely optional) I love it without it!
- 2 cups cold whole milk, coconut milk, or other non-dairy milk
-Brew fresh black tea and set aside.
-Bring spices to a gentle boil and turn off; cover and let sit as long as possible.
-Strain the liquid and add milk, black tea, & sweetener if desired. Heat, bringing to a low boil and stirring constantly. Turn off heat and use a handheld frother until you reach your desired level of frothiness.
Enjoy hot or iced!