How to Make Elderberry Syrup
- 1/2 cup dried elderberries
- 3 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2-4 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon or more of fresh ginger
- 1-2 tbsp. Raw honey - optional
- In a pot, bring the elderberries, water, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Cover and let sit until cool, every so often press berries against the pot using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Drain the liquid using a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
- Add the raw honey and mix well.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to two months.
Elderberry & Echinacea Tea
In your favorite mug add the following:
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fresh Elderberry Syrup
- 1 Echinacea Tea bag - My top medicinal brands are Alvita or Traditional Medicinals
- 1 Fresh lemon wedge
1 Tsp. - 1 Tbsp. Raw honey
How to Make Vegan Elderberry Gummies
- Simply get some fun gummy molds and agar agar (use the directions on the back of the package)
- Note: Generally, its 1 cup of liquid to 1tsp of agar agar.
- Bring your elderberry syrup to a gentle boil and add the agar agar until completely dissolved. Let cool slightly and use a dropper to fill molds. Place molds in the refrigerator until gummies have hardened. Place gummies in a jar or container and consume within two weeks.
Health & Beauty Benefits of Elderberries
- Boosts the immune system!!!!
- Fights and protects against viral infections such as respiratory!!!!
- Fights and protects against bacterial infections
- Helps clear sinus infections
- Has a natural diuretic effect and promotes bowel movements
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Contains anti-carcinogenic properties
- Can ease symptoms of allergies
- High in antioxidants
- High in vitamin A, which makes it great for healthy skin and also includes potassium, vitamin C, folate, calcium and iron.
- A good source of phenolic acids aka powerful antioxidants that can help reduce damage from oxidative stress in the body.
- A good source of flavonols aka antioxidant flavonols are quercetin, kaempferol and isorhamnetin.
*Always choose organic ingredients when possible*